Reviews - UNITED ALIVE - Live CD/DVD (2019)

antere

Reviews - UNITED ALIVE - Live CD/DVD (2019)

Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:55 pm

Since the Live DVD/BLU-RAY, "United Alive" and Live album," United Alive In Madrid", were anounced with an October 2019 release I will post reviews for both on this topic.

Does anyone else find it strange that the Madrid and the Wacken show were selected for this release? These were 2 of the recorded shows were Kiske had the biggest vocal problems, especially during Eagle Fly Free and Keeper. I just hope that they at least use Eagle Fly Free and Keeper from the São Paulo show.

nightangel

Re: Reviews - UNITED ALIVE - Live CD/DVD (2019)

Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:48 pm

I think they ordered the recordings of only a few selected shows (to minimize costs) and sadly there were technical issues at the Sao Paulo shows. I was on location there and audio systems failed several times, so that even the shows had to be interrupted. They can only use a limited amount of material from there. So probably the Madrid and the Wacken shows worked best from a technical and visual point. *we will hear how much is corrected from studio re-recordings to fix voice/audio problems in these shows* :oops:

antere

Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:03 am

I'm sure that I read in an article that the 2018 show in Chile was filmed and I've seen professional footage from the Hamburg show somewhere. I thought that during the first Sao Paulo show there were problems only with the video screens and during the second technical issues only during Hansen's medley. I hope that this means that they can use several Kiske songs from these shows, as he was in a better shape compared to Madrid and Wacken. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure that they will re-recrd some audio in the studio, at least for Wacken as there were several mistakes during the show (guitar parts, vocals and volume levels). Anyways, I hope that both the DVD and the CD will be as good as possible as they will become Kiske’s and Helloween's most famous live recordings.

nightangel

Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:02 pm

yeah I wonder why they did not use material from shows like Chile + Hamburg. Maybe other technical issues we did not hear about. I also really hope the DVD live release will be perfect and cannot wait for it to add to my collection. :D

antere

Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:49 pm

Different formats and the bonus tracks of the Live CD/DVD/BLURAY have been announced:

Formats of »United Alive« and »United Alive In Madrid«

1. 2Disc Blu-Ray Digibook
Disc 1: Live concert, Disc 2: Bonus material – intro movie, interview, LED compilation, Seth & Doc animations & more

2. 3Disc DVD Digibook
Disc 1 & 2: Live concert, Disc 3: Bonus material – intro movie, interview, LED compilation, Seth & Doc animations & more

3. 3Disc Limited Digibook Live Audio CD
Live concert Madrid plus bonus tracks: ‘March of Time’, ‘Kids of the Century’, ‘Why’ and ‘Pumpkins United’

4. 5Disc Vinyl Box
Live concert Madrid plus bonus tracks: ‘March of Time’, ‘Kids of the Century’, ‘Why’ and ‘Pumpkins United’

5. 8Disc Earbook Blu-Ray & DVD & CD
Complete contents of Blu-ray, DVD, and CD in premium packaging

The DVD/Blu-Ray »United Alive« nails the phenomenal sets with close quarters recordings from Wacken in front of 75,000 metal heads and 14,000 fans in the Madrid arena, and as a bonus tops it off with the legendary gig at the Espaço das Américas in front of 8,000 Fans in São Paulo. Over three hours of live material in stereo and premium 5.1 surround sound, plus extensive background material, a movie compilation with the essentials of the concert’s LED content, all cartoon clips of Seth and Doc as well as a very personal 30-minute band interview about the past, present, and future.
Very pure, the Live-CD/ Vinyl »United Alive In Madrid« has nearly three hours of unbridled PUMPKINS live madness up its sleeve – including bonus tracks of the shows in Prague, São Paulo, Wacken, and Santiago de Chile.

https://www.nuclearblast.de/en/label/mu ... alive.html

nightangel

Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:31 pm

Thanks for the info, I'm still too busy at work to make as many updates as I want. Dionysis will try to help a little more, but he is also busy. We just try our best. :oops:

Great news to hear about the live release. I will prepare a news about it at the Kiske Fanclubpage. :D

PS. We had some SPAM problems at this forum, hope it is solved now. :roll:

antere

Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:35 pm

You are welcome. No problem, I know you are busy and still you are doing a great job with the pages.

The Earbook looks like a very nice package, I just hope it won't cost a small fortune. It is also great that they will include "Kids Of The Century", "March Of Time" and "Why" (from Sao Paulo with both Kiske and Deris on vocals) on the CD. What I don't get is the "movie compilation with the concert’s LED content" as a bonus :?:

I haven't seen anymore SPAM so it is probably solved :)

antere

Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:55 am

More news!

The first single, "Pumpkins United (Wacken)", from the DVD/BLU-RAY is released:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mat2YhaceaA

(The mix of the track is a little strange as Kiske is kind of lower in the mix, or is it just me?)

All the different editions with track lists are available for pre-order:

https://www.pumpkins-store.com/united-a ... UuKgOsu2zg

And the track list of the DVD/BLU-RAY mentioning from which show each track was taken from:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

(Unfortunately both Eagle & Keeper were taken from the Madrid show which means that the vocals will surely be re-recorded. The same probably goes for A Tale from Wacken)

nightangel

Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:26 pm

Thanks again and I added these news posts on the Kiske page. I will work on more additions the upcoming days. :D

I did watch the Wacken 2019 stream the last few days. They showed a big part of the Helloween - Wacken 2018 concert again as a replacement for Slayer (they denied live stream). :lol:

antere

Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:57 am

Here is the official trailer for "United Alive" with short samples of several songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qiw2kBN7xqY

It sounds good but why is all the video footage produced so dark? This is Helloween not Black Sabbath. I also don't like this fast video editing which plagues many music DVDs since Maiden's Rock In Rio. On the bright side, we will finally get a live Helloween DVD with Kiske so all is good :D