Login with a social network:
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Diskussion about Michael Kiske and Unisonic » Unisonic Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: Unisonic interviews 2012
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:47 pm 
Souls Disciple

Very nice interview, glad to hear that he is enjoying it and that Unisonic is now his priority. I hope we will get more interviews with Mandy, Dennis and Kosta in the future.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:59 am 
Souls Admin

Michael Kiske did an interview for In Rock (Russia), where he talks about Unisonic and his solo career. Dani did the translation with the help of abbyy finereader, so there are mistakes and a few wrong meanings. But it is quite easy to understand, what they are talking about: ;)

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 8764_n.jpg

In our time, no surprise reunion, reconciliation, returns and the wonderful people who previously could not even dream of cooperation. Yet the news about the joint work of two former members of the classic Helloween, Michael Kiske and Kai Hansen, really surprised. Let these two men had with each other and have no quarrel.

To understand the strange yet Unisonic, you need to know the details of the post-Helloween career singer Michael Kiske. The owner of a luxury high-tenor, who has become the standard of singing in the power-metal, Kiske quickly tired of the style of the group and the subjects of her texts. Attempts to creative experimentation on the album Helloween "Chameleon" (1993) were not understood by the public, and Michael began his solo career. But since it is anticipated heavy metal "Instant Clarity" (Kiske where, incidentally, helped the same Kai Hansen, and at the time of ex-party "Maiden," Adrian Smith), followed by a strange and incomprehensible to even the most rabid fans "Readiness That Sacrifice". Fascinated by religion and philosophy, was completely upset and went into the shadows, saying it would no longer have anything to do with heavy metal, Satanism, and mired in corruption.

Seclusion, however, was short-lived - singer, first appeared as incognito, in a project-ace Toby Zammet Avantasia. Then the punk-metal Supared, failed miserably. And then came a broad stream projects label Frontiers: Kiske, Place Vendome, Kiske / Somerville ... Dubbing hits "Helloween" in acoustics and albums AOR-tracks, composed by outside writers - that is, if not commercial, against whom Michael fought so fiercely? However, on this account it has a totally different opinion.

The pinnacle of these projects, however, is without Frontiers, was Unisonic - first in many years, this group of a concert with the participation of Kiske. The fact of the return of the singer on stage has warmed the hearts of fans of Helloween, but it was a surprise even more - at the last moment before the start of work on the drive to join the team leader of Gamma Ray, guitarist Kai Hansen!

That from this moment and begin ...

Your new project called Unisonic considerable resonance. Everywhere heard: "Michael Kiske returned, he again sings heavy metal, he again played with Kai Hansen!"

To some extent, the way it is. Originally conceived as a Unisonic
hard-rock project, perhaps with small deviations in the direction of
heavy metal and more. But when he came to Kai, the balance is leaning
toward the metal. While the music still remains diverse. As was the way,
and Helloween. What we then did is not easy to classify. There were
speed-metal thing - "Eagle Fly Free", and humorous hits - "Rise And
Fall", "Dr. Stein", and the epic - "We Got The Right", "You Always Walk
Alone" ... Hopefully, Unisonic inherited from Helloween this craving for
variety.

Listening to online promo new album, we can conclude that it came out very diverse. However, their debut single Ignition, you have chosen the most difficult tracks.

My will be, I would have done everything differently. We did not want to reveal too much new stuff, so things are settled on "Souls Alive", which has already leaked at the time as a free demo. "Unisonic" - a group of self-titled track, so it is ideal for dating. But take another hard single track, "Sanctuary", in my opinion - already too much. I would leave it only concert recordings. But the record label thought it better to have three new things.

By the way, what version of the promo you hear? There was a song "King For A Day"? I think not.

This thing came in the nick of time, not all know about it. It is made in the spirit of Queen, with choruses of "kvinovskom" style. The song adds new paint on the album. And I'm
sure the next disc will become even more diverse. We are still in the
process of knowing each other, find out what each of us can. I love the
album, but its entry was too hasty. I am confident that the more we play
together the better will be the music. Yes, we are adults, the time of
clashes and quarrels took place, but it's not just that - any team
should be like to play."

Kai Hansen joined the band later all. Was it a chance to really prove himself in the ranks Unisonic?

Absolutely. He was the last missing piece of mosaic. In my opinion, the contribution of Kai - 50 percent, not less. He has composed several songs, while others helped to develop the guitar riffs invented by Mandy Meyer (second guitarist Unisonic), a full-fledged songs. Already existing tracks when he arrives he is seriously altered. For example, my favorite, "Star Rider", was not a very good chorus. Kay listened, frowned, and for some 10 seconds, wrote a new one - just one that you hear now. In short, the contribution of Kai - very big. Certainly greater than mine. I wrote only one song.

It is strange that just one! It sounds like the album "Pink Bubble" and "Readiness That Sacrifice", that is, this is typical of your album, there are very few features specific to Kai and his speed-metal.

We simply do not play speed metal! The fastest track on the album - the title, faster than him, we did not do anything. It's not like Gamma Ray. Kai wrote "Never Change Me", "Never Too Late", a very positive rock 'n' roll thing. Almost punk, in my opinion. Yes, and at the same time, it reminded me a bit of "Future World" - his rock 'n' roll simplicity.

And in "Star Rider" I hear the influence of The Beatles, something in the spirit of "A Day In A Life".

Really? I will listen again to check!."

Another great ballad ... "No One Ever Sees Me"?

This is the only thing I wrote. Thank you!

So, you have an album, will tour and have a chance - no, certainty - that people will come to the concert, because there'll be you and Kai Hansen, expecting some kind of resurrection of the spirit of Helloween. But do not get it so that they will disappoint the lack of old material? Or, conversely, whether the team will not bore you by if you become a tribute project? Of course, we'll play something old. We have full rights to it. But Unisonic - it is not Helloween, so the main focus will be on new material. And I think people will sooner or later, going to concerts for the new group and name Unisonic will speak for itself. Of course, this will not happen soon - perhaps after a couple of albums. And at first it is difficult and even unpredictable process. Someone will be disappointed that things Helloween less than he wanted. The main thing is that I'll be myself, just as I was in a Helloween. The same can be said about Kay. In their expectations so that people come out of it.

And do not be heard there any thing, say, a period of "Chameleon"?

I do not think. It was also after the departure of Kai. I guess we'll be playing songs like "I Want Out", "Future World", "Little Time" and so on. It is a pity, because in ballads such as "Longing", your voice is perfectly revealed ... But this is not a concert song! To perform it properly, you need a whole orchestra. (Laughs.)

What about material from solo albums such as "New Horizons", "Be True It Yourself" ...

Well, I really love and appreciate these songs, but I think their products of their time. I rarely return to their former jobs. I think the setlist Unisonic unlikely to get my solo stuff, as well as the material of Gamma Ray, Place Vendome, post Kai-Helloween, etc.

And I wanted to ask about the likelihood Unisonic tour in Russia. Before I had heard such rumors ...

Yes, there are conversations. I'll be very happy if all happen. It has long been a dream to play for you!

Your musical evolution is incredibly interesting. In some ways it is similar to the way ^ which took Rob Halford. On leaving the Priest "and the complete rejection of the metal - a sudden repentance and return." Sorry, I was wrong, I corrected. "And you? No, no, no. I do things differently. I continue to stand on his own, I still think that the metal scene is mired in dyavolopoklonnichestve. most severe in the music I'm worried about the glorification of evil. I do not like it, do not tolerate evil men, closer to me good.

Has changed is that for many years I have been radical in his views, and greatly annoyed by everything happening. And it is also wrong. I lost sight of all the good things in the genre - the beauty of music, the opportunity to be on stage, to bring joy to fans. All of this I became aware in 2010 when I was invited to tour Avantasia. And I realized that the metal is a light side, and it I still like it. But I never put up with his dark side, all this evil, chanting and other rubbish. Nothing in this I do not talk sense. But in fact Helloween was not like this? Of course not. I was never against the music Helloween.

Another charge of your side of the metal was associated with its commercialization. But it is not strange that you are finally began to cooperate with the label Frontiers in the very commercial project Place Vendome? In general, this label is already debugged scheme of such records when going to a team of writers and invited a famous singer, that is, we are working on the untwisted name ... Yes, we did not try to submit Place Vendome as a real band! Unisonic - is another matter. And then I just wanted to write good songs with talented musicians. It was interesting, after all, try something that is not done before. I liked the experiment. Some things are really succeeded, though I did not compose anything.

I liked your project with Amanda Somer-ville (Kiske / Somerviile). The combination of your voices creates an interesting contrast, and she has charisma and a singer, writer and talent ...

Do good musicians can learn a lot. There is not much difference, I sing the material composed by another musician in my band, or recording a track for the project, like Place Vendome.

How do you manage to get used to the way of songs, composed not you?

When I sing, I am obliged to do his thing, to feel it inside. If you do not feel like anything to do with the song, I reject it. And as he did in the Place Vendome. But more often I still feel that the track is good, and I find his approach to it. And often the case to reject the song? Not really, maybe two or three times ... And they were in themselves good things, just not for me. And for what reason did this happen? Did not like! By melody style ..

Anything! They were dark, I suppose. I do not know, maybe I have felt a negative attitude, which I was not to his liking. I'm not talking about songs sad or thoughtful, it has its own beauty. But the destructiveness, negative, depressed - it's not for me.

Is not the music Supared negative?

I do not think so.

At least in these songs felt a fair amount of anger and irritation.

Irritation - not necessarily a negative feeling. I myself can not be angry, be angry, but anger itself can be justified. You can draw it to the side of injustice, evil, evil events. It happens, or how to get angry, or die.

I do not idealize violence, anger - but it can be a force that eventually will correct the case and lead to good results. Where better to pour it into work than to beat someone. Although many people are unable to draw the line between justifiable aggression and brutality per se, and they begin to idealize violence for the sake of violence.

They say that you once wrote a whole book of philosophy. (The book in German called "Kunst Und Materialismus", - annotated. Author.) I have a friend who read it!

(Laughs.) That was my first attempt to speak. Now I no longer perceive it as serious. Much better than I wrote on your site

- It's called "Geisteskind", http://www.geisteskind.de. There I was able to express their thoughts in a more mature and developed form. On a site more than a thousand pages devoted to creativity, spirituality, philosophy ... There was a time when I was very deeply, "sitting" in all this. I think the site is much better than the book.

Yes, it will be interesting to read!

I must warn you that, like the book, the whole site

- In German. But the fans are constantly asking me to transfer to them, I wrote in English a brief overview of the most important ideas. It is also posted on the website and called "No Humanity Without Freedom"

- "There is no humanity without liberty."

In the course of philosophical topics ... What is your ideal music?

My ideal in music - honesty. I think now is the word order is perverted. People say that they are honest in his music, but sometimes one can see that it is not. The fruits of their work suggests otherwise.

Integrity - the ability to express in music is really important, invest in the heart and soul of the song. And then it becomes an art form, whether you play it in the village of country, or to the accompaniment of a piano, or a rock band. Tools - it's just money, they can be changed as needed.

Many fatal do not understand how important it is to be honest with the audience. Imagine a little boy who's parents are lying all the time. Will it benefit him? Of course not! It's the same with creativity. When the deposit-vaesh soul into the songs, they come alive. If you depict what is not, the music is lifeless. But worst of all - when pour out his dark, angry feelings. They are transmitted to and poison the souls of men!

It is therefore very important to try to open only the best in music, only the bright side. If you have depression - let it be a song about how to get out of it. Or at least that there is hope on the way to always fight. But do not sing the depression itself. One can show that it is part of our human weakness, tell us about the struggle, fear, anger and so on. The listener will find himself in the song, and it will help him. Honest emotions are always good. They - the food for our souls.

And if I'm writing a song, just think about her future position in the charts, then I have been profanation. Be insincere in music - the same as lying to the child. This is a long-term damaging effects. Immediately, of course, nothing happens - but in the long term culture is being destroyed, suffering humanity. All that is important - it's authentic ... you know this word? Of course.

Yes, it is even more accurate word than "honesty." It means - always be yourself, do not play games, always invest in music that is important for themselves, in the hope that listeners will share it. Do not try to please others, not to obey their wishes and do what you want to own.

Sometimes I tried to compose a song that did not correspond to my inner state. And I was no good! Always came out kind of nonsense.

So, the song has to be authentic, and it must be produced with high goals. Yes, this is an idealistic approach, but I should not make people worse. Even if I do bad, I should not pass it to listeners.

I came up with a couple of examples of "authenticity. First - imagine that a novice musician, honestly and sincerely wants to fully emulate Helloween. Whether his music is authentic? Second - a black metal honestly profess atheism, Satanism or something like that ...

To begin with, that I did not try to deny. There is always a choice of several ways. Someone sees the world as an agnostic, atheist, or Satanist. That is his right. He was lying to myself if I saw him differently. And I agree - let him be himself and writes music the way he wants. And to a certain extent, this is honest music. But she - not the person. At its core - no good purpose. I will not say: "Throw him in jail!" But it will always be against it. Because I'm on the other side.

Inside each of us has an evil side, and the only question is how we are doing with it. Either it subjugates our lives, or we freely make their own decisions. I believe in love, friendship, trust, and the beauty of humanity. And evil is to learn. Those who experienced the horror of the Nazi state in Germany - of course, it's not about me, I was born in 1969 - you know, how terrible to live in a world devoid of the heart. The Nazis - an example of people who lived in the evil legacy. For them, human life is not meant nothing. They could kill a single moment without thinking.

And this is the ideal of a Satanist. He believes that a strong man to be cool. The lack of heart, feelings, experiences - that's true strength from his point of view. It is not true!

That is what concerns the second example. And as the first - if you wish to copy the sound of Helloween sincerely, then - good luck! Just honesty does not necessarily mean originality, that's all. A love music - it was good. When you listen to it, all your soul sing with her, me-

etsya along with it. Music has, among other things, a huge training effect. I think the process may be useful when groups of musicians inspired the previous generation. For example, you were in Helloween fans of different artists - from Elvis Presley to the Queen and Uriah Neher. You create new masterpieces, standing on the shoulders of giants. And those who imitated his style, and the teams of their time treading water. Imitation is typical of adolescence. I myself was one. On his first record, I sang a lot like Geoff Tate of Queensryche. And now my voice is similar only to myself. And this is the normal way. You start by drawing inspiration from his idols, and gradually develop their individuality. The same can be said about Elvis! He was a big fan of Roy Orbison. In his early recordings, he downright copies the style of Roy! And then, from the late '60s, Presley sounded exactly like Presley. And so at all. You learn, you do cut the "I", and the more you're open to new, more looking around, the more moving forward. Finally a little frivolous question.

On the first album Avantasia you were marked in the booklet as someone Ernie (Ernie). Where did that name, whose idea was this? (Posmeivaetsya.)

Ernie
is one of my 'comic mask' I used for the character. I also was hiding
me from everybody and everything and I did not want to appear under my
name. When Tobias invited me to this project. I initially refused and I
said to him joking: "I agree, but only if you call me Ernie!". And
Tobias agreed (laughs).)

Michael Kiske Official Fanclub
http://www.kiskefanclub.com

Post Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:06 am 
Souls Apprentice

nightangel wrote:
Unisonic has done an exclusive interview for our Souls Alive Official Fanclub at Masters of Rock in Czech Republic on 13.07.2012. The interview was done directly after their concert in the backstage area. At the beginning Michi, Dennis, Mandy and Kosta were there. Kai didn’t have time and later joined to tell me that he cannot participate in the interview right now. But he promised me to do a new exclusive interview very soon. I think you will find some interesting facts about the latest concert and plans for the future. I’m not a professional journalist, but I hope you enjoy it.

I'm ashamed of the last question :roll: My compatriots from Ozproductions (owners of Scarecrow records, the label that has the rights of printing the Unisonic album -and many others- here in Mexico) act always like that. morons!

Post Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:07 pm 
Souls Admin

vidromero wrote:
nightangel wrote:
Unisonic has done an exclusive interview for our Souls Alive Official Fanclub at Masters of Rock in Czech Republic on 13.07.2012. The interview was done directly after their concert in the backstage area. At the beginning Michi, Dennis, Mandy and Kosta were there. Kai didn’t have time and later joined to tell me that he cannot participate in the interview right now. But he promised me to do a new exclusive interview very soon. I think you will find some interesting facts about the latest concert and plans for the future. I’m not a professional journalist, but I hope you enjoy it.

I'm ashamed of the last question :roll: My compatriots from Ozproductions (owners of Scarecrow records, the label that has the rights of printing the Unisonic album -and many others- here in Mexico) act always like that. morons!

The question was not about the rights to print the album and I'm sure Scarecrow has any rights to do so. The question was about the sticker on the record, which did advertising with the big logo of actual Helloween. This is not ok and also Kosta told me, that he tries to establish Unisonic as an original band and not a copy of Helloween. Also only actual Helloween have the rights to use this logo. ;)

Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:29 pm 
Souls Admin

Unisonic interview with Mandy Meyer done at Rock Hard Festival 2012: http://www.the-pit.de/interview/article ... juli-2012/

With google translate: http://translate.google.de/translate?sl ... li-2012%2F

The interview has 2 pages and some interesting quotes about early songs which where skipped, because they sounded too much like 'Nickelback'.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:07 am 
Souls Apprentice

nightangel wrote:
vidromero wrote:
nightangel wrote:

The question was not about the rights to print the album and I'm sure Scarecrow has any rights to do so. The question was about the sticker on the record, which did advertising with the big logo of actual Helloween. This is not ok and also Kosta told me, that he tries to establish Unisonic as an original band and not a copy of Helloween. Also only actual Helloween have the rights to use this logo. ;)

Yeah I get the point, and Scarecrow rec. has been doing this for a long time. For example, the "Kiske" album (2008, or 2009, don't remember well) has also the Helloween logo on the sticker. And also the Place Vencome albums. They use it a a hook to bring people who don't know that Michael or Kai have another projects outside of Helloween :roll: Nothing else matters to them, but to sell their CD's and in their brilliant minds they decide to put the Helloween logo on the sticker.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:40 pm 
Souls Disciple

http://www.magazinedigitaltap.com/

Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:09 am 
Souls Apprentice

Dont know if someone posted this interview with the whole band in Korea

Post Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:24 pm 
Souls Admin

Unisonic will be featured in the latest edition of Burrn magazine Japan. There are mainly live pictures and an interview with Kai + Mandy. Here are a few excerpts from this interview:

Some comments of Unisonic (Kai-Mandy) to BURRN! magazine:

Mandy said, "We are beginning to make a song of the next album." Kai said, "Sorry...I'm devoted to songwriting for GAMMA RAY."

- They said they next album could have more 'happy' s
ongs. In the next album we can do everything except death metal!

Kai said, "Michael talk too slowly during the show. I want to guide the audience to shout more!!!"

Kai's son loves Japanese animation :D

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:04 pm 
Souls Admin

Here is the latest interview with Kai Hansen:

And here another one, but a little old with Dennis Ward:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 48  Next

Board index » Diskussion about Michael Kiske and Unisonic » Unisonic Discussion