Login with a social network:
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Off Topic » General Music Discussion

Post subject: Re: Nightwish
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:08 am 
Souls Disciple

In my opinion, it's quite sad..I really liked her!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:43 pm 
Souls Admin

The first small clip with Floor Jansen:

Michael Kiske Official Fanclub
http://www.kiskefanclub.com

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:21 pm 
Souls Admin

Here are live songs with Floor in good quality:

Storytime:

Dead to the World:

Amaranth:

Hmmm, I don't know exactly if I like it or not. I generally have problems if a band changes their singer, because then also the personality changes. But a band changing their singer more than once and this was probably not their last change..... :roll:

It is also interesting that Floor seem to have learned most lyrics within one day. I don't see her singing with a paper. So probably this was already planned for a longer time. :roll:

Post Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:06 am 
Souls Disciple

[quote="nightangel"
Hmmm, I don't know exactly if I like it or not. I generally have problems if a band changes their singer, because then also the personality changes. But a band changing their singer more than once and this was probably not their last change..... :roll:

It is also interesting that Floor seem to have learned most lyrics within one day. I don't see her singing with a paper. So probably this was already planned for a longer time. :roll:[/quote]

Yes, definitely my friend, It was planned with enough anticipation.....It's sad for Anette, I really never got used to his voice for Nightwish, but I didn't want that something like this happens to her. She seemed to have a good relationship with the band, She was not the "Diva" as the members of the band had said about Tarja.
Now, more than before, I'm hesitating about all they said about Tarja.
It's clear that they are not a real band, or a band without a vocalist, and all the vocalists that can arrive to the band must have very clear that they are totally replaceable.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:10 am 
Souls Disciple

and I forgot to say that for Nightwish is forbidden to fall ill.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:29 am 
Souls Apprentice

Benizha2011 wrote:

Oh c'mon, that's not fair. Nightwish has done a lot for Anette, including renting an extra touring bus just for herself and her kids, so that She could be with them during the tour instead of leaving them in Sweden for weeks or months while she travelled.
It looks like this split was mutual and was originally going to happen after the show in Hartwall Arena, Finland, next november. Anette's healt issues just precipitated events.
And I'm sorry, but for me, Anette's anger about the replacement singers in that concert was partly unjustified. I mean, sure, they should have at least told her what was going to happen, but it's not like it is unheard of to replace a singer for a night or two if he/she can't sing, Gamma Ray has done it, Metallica has done it, just to name a few... nobody is irreplasable, spetially if it is only for a night or two.
BTW, Nightwish asked the public what they prefered: show with other singers or concert cancelled. The audience choose to have the show regardless of who was going to sing.
I'll really miss Anette, I like DDP and I love Imaginaerum, but Floor is not a bad replacement at all. I can not wait to se them live next december, to see for myself how they sound, instead of having to relay on youtube videos.

Last edited by SoleS on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:06 am 
Souls Disciple

SoleS wrote:
Benizha2011 wrote:

Oh c'mon, that's not fair. Nightwish has done a lot for Anette, including renting an extra touring bus just for herself and her kids, so that She could be with them during the tour instead of leaving them in Sweden for weeks or months while she travelled.
It looks like this split was mutual and was originally going to happen after the show in Hartwall Arena, Finland, next november. Anette's healt issues just precipitated events.
And I'm sorry, but for me, Anette's anger about the replacement singers in that concert was partly unjustified. I mean, sure, they sould have at least told her what was going to happen, but it's not like it is unheard of to replace a singer for a night or two if he/she can't sing, Gamma Ray has done it, Metallica has done it, just to name a few... nobody is irreplasable, spetially if it is only for a night or two.
BTW, Nightwish asked the public what they prefered: show with other singers or concert cancelled. The audience choose to have the show regardless of who was going to sing.
I'll really miss Anette, I like DDP and I love Imaginaerum, but Floor is not a bad replacement at all. I can not wait to se them live next december, to see for miself how they sound, instead of having to relay on youtube videos.

I've never said that Floor is a bad singer at all

But clearly, Floor had more than a few days to learn the songs...that means they planned the replacement for a long time, there is no doubt about that.
I do not know about you, but I wouldn't like to be around people plotting things behind my back.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:32 am 
Souls Apprentice

Benizha2011 wrote:
SoleS wrote:
Benizha2011 wrote:

And I'm sorry, but for me, Anette's anger about the replacement singers in that concert was partly unjustified. I mean, sure, they should have at least told her what was going to happen, but it's not like it is unheard of to replace a singer for a night or two if he/she can't sing, Gamma Ray has done it, Metallica has done it, just to name a few... nobody is irreplasable, spetially if it is only for a night or two.
I'll really miss Anette, I like DDP and I love Imaginaerum, but Floor is not a bad replacement at all. I can not wait to se them live next december, to see for myself how they sound, instead of having to relay on youtube videos.

I've never said that Floor is a bad singer at all

But clearly, Floor had more than a few days to learn the songs...that means they planned the replacement for a long time, there is no doubt about that.
I do not know about you, but I wouldn't like to be around people plotting things behind my back.

The thing is, I don't think they plotted anything behind her back (well, except for the Denver show with the two singers).
As I said before, I think Anette's parting ways with the band was something both parties knew and arranged some time ago for next november. That press statement look like it was prepared sometime ago, since it doesn't say a thing about Anette's health, which would have been an excellent way of explaining the change, instead of just the empty one they released. You know, something like: "we regret to announce that due to her recent health problems Anette has decided to leave the band to take care of herself surrounded by her family, we wish her the best in this hard times etc., etc."
Maybe Anettes most recent health problems precipitated the change or maybe it was an internal fight that did it, but I don't think it was something planned overnight, or behind her back. I also highly doubt Anette wasn't aware that Floor had been contacted in advance. She did the one show between her hospitalization and Floor's arrival, after all. If that gig had brought about the split, that show would not have been there. Elize and Alyssa were still around, after all.
And finally, Floor herself admitted that She had known for some time about it and that She had started to learn the songs a week or two ago.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:32 pm 
Souls Disciple

Well, never mind.
The thing is that relationship between them didn't finish is a good way, a very sad thing, when you share a long time with people.

Someone knows about the illness of Anette? is a really serious illness?

Post Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:05 pm 
Souls Admin

To give my 2 cents on this, for me still Tarja is the one and only Nightwish singer and she is not replaceable like Michael Kiske was not replaceable in Helloween (of course only my opinion ;) ).

But I think they planned this for a longer time and I can imagine that some stuff was going on behind Anettes back. In successful bands this is sadly often the case. So even if I always had the feeling that Anette didn't fit 100% to Nightwish, I feel kind of sorry for her that it happened that way. Some of her illness may be because of the internal problems. :roll:

Board index » Off Topic » General Music Discussion