Login with a social network:
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Off Topic » General Music Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Last Concerts
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:03 am 
Souls Apprentice

I just found out Nightwish and Kamelot are coming to my city in October!!! 8-)

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:56 pm 
Souls Newbie

Sonata Arctica and Accept in Mons at the PPM festival on 7th of april 2012
In november we are going to see WASP

Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:51 pm 
Souls Disciple

UNISONIC :D and Gotthard

15 and 16 May, 2012.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:23 pm 
Souls Admin

Unisonic/Gotthard - Buenos Aires 12.05.2012

Unisonic/Gotthard - Sao Paulo 18.05.2012

Rock Hard Festival May 2012

Michael Kiske Official Fanclub
http://www.kiskefanclub.com

Post Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:17 pm 
Souls Admin

Masters of Rock 2012:

The best:
Unisonic (of course fantastic and I think probably their best performance so far. They should have been the headliner.)
Edguy (I could only see the rest, since I did interview with Unisonic. It was also a good performance)
Within Temptation (Even if I could not see much due to 2 meter tall guys in front of me, a very good show with old and new material)
Nightwish (This festival performance was way better than in Wacken 2008, but their show works better in concert halls)

The good:
Paul Dianno (Really a surprise and I did watch them because of a recommendation. Great traditional Metal.)
Gotthard (really good hard rock and the new singer fits very well)
Kamelot (A good show, but it didn't blow me away)
Firewind (This band was is quite new for me, but they did a good performance and as AngelCry said, they were better than some other/bigger bands at that day)

The bad:
Arch Enemy (puh, I only thought through the whole show, when will this terrible music ends)
Stratovarius (really a bad performance and Timo could hardly hit any high note. They all seemed bored. Many people left the show in my area and they did not return.)
Sabaton (Many praise this band, but they really bored me and I don't like this military attitude. I left somewhere in the middle.)

A few more which I didn't really listen carefully.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:19 pm 
Souls Disciple

Masters of Rock 2012:

Best:

Unisonic (I think they could headline easily with their great performance that day)
Gotthard (great hard rock and aor, everyone who liked Place Vendome music will top this)
Nightwish (great show)
Exodus (they played with passion and earned the crowd. Even I don't hear them there was a feeling of metal around the crowd, mosh-pits,wall of death, dangerous as it should be)
Within Temptation (good performance and stage show, Sharon's voice after the first 3 or 4 songs was getting better)
Firewind (sad that they played too early because their performance was far better than some others bands the same day)

Good:

Edguy (I expected more as headliners of the day)
Thin Lizzy (like a good old whiskey in the jar)
Tiamat (nice music but not for a festival, one of my favorite songs "Gaia" was played flawlessly)
Paul DiAnno (punkish attitude to old hymns of Iron Maiden, somewhat the band was missing some experience but Dianno was excellent. His voice was more clear than the old days)
Korpiklaani (nice folk metal for dancing)
Kamelot (nice singer but in some songs Khan was missing, I expect their new album because I liked the new song)

Dissapointing:

Stratovarius (bad voice even in their newer songs which I expected at least to be nice, no high notes at all)

The rest:
Arch Enemy (I can't hear them)
Sabaton (not so much interest to them)

Post Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:46 am 
Souls Admin

Wacken 2012:

UDO - solid performace as always
Volbeat - Really great performance and I saw the most crowd surfer during this concert
Kamelot - A better performance than at masters, but terrible weather with heavy rain
Hammerfall - A good performance but nothing more
Leaves Eyes - A nice concert and better than Dimmu Brorgir stuff which was ongoing on the other stage
Gamma Ray - A very good show, but too early on that day and too short. Again Dan was not there as drummer.
Axel Rudi Pell - I could only catch half of the show, since I was at the Gamma Ray signing session. It was a good show too.
Monspell - A nice performance, but it didn't really catch me
Scorpions - I was quite disappointed with too long guitar solos and an additional 10 minutes drum solo

All in all not so many 'to die for' bands, too much rain and too much mud for my taste. If I go to Wacken next year probably depends if Unisonic or Avantasia plays there.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:24 pm 
Souls Admin

Crimson Glory - Essen, Germany 17.08.2012 ( was a really a great concert) :D

Post Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:45 pm 
Souls Admin

Turock Open Air Festival in Essen from 31.8.2012-1.9.2012:

Friday:

I had a lot of traffic jam and in the radio they told that the whole traffic jam in that area was around 230km lenght. Rage almost couldn't make it to their concert because of this. But luckily they arrived in time. I arrived when the 2nd or 3rd band played.

Restless:
They played a nice 60 style Rock with a little Elvis influence and it was nice to see them as my first band at that day. The audience enjoyed them as well.

Iron Saviour:
They played a nice Gamma Ray style power metal, but 2 members of the band were not there and had to be replaced. Sadly it started raining, but I could still enjoy them.

Helstar:
A very good band and they played US style power metal which the audience really enjoyed. A great performance.

Rage:
They played a very nice show and the audience was quite wild during their concert. Not all of them were metal guys, there were also some strange kiddies with no interest in the music, but jumping against other people. That was a bit annoying. They had to stop at 24:00, because they are only allowed to play until this time in the city.

Saturday:

Since the first band was a very extreme band, I went to the festival for the 2nd band.

Human Zoo:
They play a Gotthard and Pink Cream 69 style Hard Rock and I enjoyed them very much. Sadly maybe only 10 people were at the festival at that time.

Seven Thorns:
A power metal band in the style of Stratovarius and Helloween. They are from Denmark and it was nice to watch them.

Scanner:
A band that I know from the 80's and they play metal in the style of Gamma Ray. I didn't know the first tracks, but the last 3 tracks were from the 80's classic 'Hypertrace' and it was really great.

I skipped the next band and returned to a quite funny band.

Dr. Living Death:
They had nice skull masks and played Thrash Metal in the style of Exodus. I could see Walls of Death and Circle Pits for the first time that day.

Sacred Steel:
Quite nice true metal, but the music didn't really catch me.

Lillian Axe:
A hard roch band, but again the music couldn't really catch me and some memorable songs were missing.

I skipped the next extreme band and returned to the last band. They are also extreme, but I tried them out.

Asphyx:
They play a Black Sabbath style Death/Black Metal with some Doom Metal influences. It is not really my cup of team, but the slower parts made it a little more enjoyable. Again they had to finish at 24:00.

It was a nice festival and a good way to try out new and smaller bands. :D

Post Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:59 pm 
Souls Disciple

Sabaton, Eluveitie & Wisdom in Munich (22.09.12)

Wisdom
The fact, that Wisdom were the support-band for Sabaton was one main reason, why I went to this concert. I really love this band! As expected they were awesome! In fact, they are a really good live band. Unfortunately they haven't played my favourite song: Strain Of Madness :( But still, it was just great. They had the following setlist:
- Fallin' Away From Grace
- Somewhere Alone
- Live Forevermore
- Heaven And Hell
- Wasted Years (Iron Maiden-cover)
- Wisdom
- Judas

Eluveitie
At home, I listened to some of their songs before the concert, so I knew, what I had to deal with.. But what I've heard wasn't really good. Okay, I have to say: they have quite good melodies, but I hate this harsh vocals, I prefer clean vocals..So I have to say, that I was quite disinterested, while they played, so I have not a single idea, which songs they played.. :lol:
In my opinon, Wisdom should have had more time to play then Eluveitie..

Sabaton
I knew that Sabaton are a great live band from some friends, who saw them already live on stage. Now I know, that it wasn't a lie! They have a great sound and show a lot of power, when they are on stage! Joakim is such a great frontman and he's really funny :D
I just have to say, that it was oure awesomeness!
Sabaton played the following songs:
- The March To War
- Ghost Division
- Gott Mit Uns
- Poltava
- White Death
- Carolus Rex
- Karolinens Bön
- 40:1
- Swedish Pagans
- Cliffs Of Gallipoli
- Dominium Maris Baltici
- Lion From The North
- The Hammer Has Fallen
- Into The Fire
- Attero Dominatus
Encore:
- The Art Of War
- Primo Victoria
- Metal Crüe
- Dead Soliders Waltz

I have to say, that I've missed Uprising, since it's one of my favourite Sabaton-songs..

After the show, I was able to talk to Gabor Nagy, the singer of Wisdom, who selled their merchandise. He's really a nice person. He signed a little magazine for me and I took a photo with him. I was quite happy after the whole evening!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Off Topic » General Music Discussion