Login with a social network:
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Diskussion about Michael Kiske and Unisonic » Michael Kiske Discussion

Post subject: New AVANTASIA album and Tour 2016
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:03 am 
Souls Disciple

On January 29th the new AVANTASIA album "GHOSTLIGHTS" will hit the stores: After JORN LANDE & GEOFF TATE a third very special guest can be announced: former HELLOWEEN & current UNISONIC vocalist MICHAEL KISKE. MICHAEL will not only appear on the album, he will also join AVANTASIA on the GHOSTLIGHTS WORLD TOUR 2016

04.03.16 – Germany – Berlin, Huxley´s
05.03.16 – Germany – Hamburg, Große Freiheit
06.03.16 – Germany – Bremen, Aladin
08.03.16 – England – London, The Forum
09.03.16 – France – Paris, Le Trianon
11.03.16 – Spain – Barcelona, Razzmatazz 1
12.03.16 – Spain – Madrid, La Riviera
15.03.16 – Germany – Frankfurt-Langen, Stadthalle
16.03.16 – Czech Republic – Prague, Forum Karlin
18.03.16 – Germany – Kaufbeuren, All-Karthalle
19.03.16 – Germany – Bamberg, brose-Arena
20.03.16 – Germany – Oberhausen, Turbinenhalle
22.03.16 – Italy – Milan, Alcatraz
24.03.16 – Switzerland – Pratteln, z7
25.03.16 – Switzerland – Pratteln, z7
27.03.16 – Slovakia – Banska Bystrica, Ice Stadium
28.03.16 – Slovakia – Bratislava, Sportshall
31.03.16 – Germany – Saarbrücken, Saarlandhalle
01.04.16 – Germany – Ludwigsburg, Arena
02.04.16 – Germany – Fulda, Esperantohalle

Tobias comments: "I have been friends with Micha for more than 15 years now. We recently joked when he asked me why he always gets to sing those high range Speed Metal anthems. My answer was quite simple: 'Because I can hardly think of anyone who could possibly do that any better!' The first time I heard Micha on one of my songs was 1999. I was blown away by what he did to stuff like 'Reach Out For The Light' or 'The Seven Angels'. You can convince yourself when we kick off the world tour in March, Micha will join AVANTASIA once again to do the old classics, but also some of the new material which sounds really fantastic; as Avantasia-esque as it gets. I am really suprised we found another time frame to do this tour together, I don't take it for granted as this may be the last tour in a long time. It's so difficult to align all those schedules, you can't imagine. We managed to find a time frame in spring 2016, and we wanna enjoy it to the fullest: I can promise you that we will play more than three hours every night! Old stuff, new stuff, everything! Be there! It may be your only chance to see this particular line up we're putting together, for sure it will be the last Avantasia tour in quite some time at least."

Post subject: Re: New AVANTASIA album and Tour 2016
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:30 pm 
Souls Disciple

I was hoping that this time Kiske will get to sing a hard rock track or a ballad instead of the typical power metal song, but Tobi's statement about "those high range Speed Metal anthems" leaves no hope. I wish that Kiske at least gets a bigger part in one of the longer songs on the new album.

Don't get me wrong Tobi's power metal songs are great and Kiske always provides an incredible performance, but "Shelter From The Rain", "Wastelands" and "Where Clock Hands Freeze" are pretty similar to each other.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:39 am 
Souls Disciple

After Geoff Tate, Michael Kiske & Jorn Lande, another guest vocalist is confirmed to appear on the forthcoming AVANTASIA album "GHOSTLIGHTS" (January 29th, 2016): Mr. BOB CATLEY.

BOB CATLEY (Bob Catley, Magnum, ex-Hard Rain) appeared on signature tracks such as "In Quest For", "The Story Ain't Over" or "The Great Mystery". Besides Jorn Lande, Michael Kiske and many more, Bob will also join AVANTASIA on the European tour that is going to kick off in March.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:29 pm 
Souls Disciple

Kiske will sing on 2 new Avantasia songs:

1) "Ghostlights" (Michael Kiske, Tobias, Jorn Lande) 5:43

2) "Unchain The Light" (Tobias, Ronnie Atkins, Michael Kiske) 5:03

Both are fast power metal tracks and some of the best songs from the new album, according to http://www.stormbringer.at/storys/293/avantasia-ghostlights-track-by-track.html

Kiske will also appear on 2 live songs featured on the "Ghostlights - 2 CD DIGIBOOK EDITION"

1. Reach Out For The Light
2. Avantasia
(Probably from the recorded Mexico or MOR 2013 shows)

http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/label/music/band/news/details/4088681.71066.avantasia-more-details-on-raquo-ghostlights-laquo.html

Post Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:39 pm 
Souls Disciple

New Avantasia album samples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZqqlJ7lkJM

Songs with Kiske: Unchain The Light: 0:35-1:00 & Ghostlights: 3:00-3:20

Merry Christmas by the way ;)

Post Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:30 pm 
Souls Apprentice

Man this album sounds really great

Post Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:56 pm 
Souls Disciple

New lyric video for the title track with Kiske:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH3kyXAEJHo

This sounds really amazing! Almost better than Where Clock Hands Freeze.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:12 pm 
Souls Disciple

I just wanted to add my short opinion on the new Avantasia album.

IMO this is the most complete and probably the best Avantasia album! Everything sounds great, the guitars are back in the front of the mix (compared to the last 3 albums), almost all the guest performances are either good or excellent, Kiske provides the strongest vocal performance on the album and there are very few weak songs.

1. Mystery Of A Blood Red Rose - Catchy but not amazing - 7/10
2. Let The Storm Descend Upon You - Very good, but not one of the best Avantasia epics - 8.5/10
3. The Haunting - Ok, reminds too much of Death Is Just A Feeling - 6.5/10
4. Seduction Of Decay - Amazing. Great riffs and chorus. Tate sounds good not great - 9/10
5. Ghostlights - Best song. Kiske sounds very powerful. 1st bridge with Tobias sounds a little weird - 9.5/10
6. Draconian Love - Very catchy and I love the more gothic touch and the chorus - 9/10
7. Master Of The Pendulum - Very good but the chorus doesn't fit too much - 8/10
8. Isle Of Evermore - The worst song on the album. Better than Sleepwalking though - 5/10
9. Babylon Vampyres - Great guitars, but mediocre overall. Boring chorus - 6/10
10. Lucifer - Good but not great. Sounds as if it is unfinished. Great guitars - 8.5/10
11. Unchain The Light - Almost excellent - 9.5/10
12. A Restless Heart And Obsidian Skies - Reminds me too much of The Story Ain't Over - 7/10
13. Wake Up To The Moon - Very good. Amazing chorus. It needed more Kiske - 9/10

I would probably give the album a 9, but I might change my mind about the song ratings after a few more listens.

The Live album of the Digibook Edition is very good also. Congratulations to Tobias for not overdubbing the vocals. It sounds like a "true" live album with mistakes and everything. Reach Out For The Light sounds really amazing, especially Michael's vocals! This was the perfect bonus for me, as we will probably won't ever get a new DVD (according to Sammet).

For the next Avantasia album I would love to hear a ballad or a hard rock song with Kiske and not the usual fast power metal song. He always does a great job on these type of songs but IMO he has done too many of them with Avantasia. I hope that Sammet realizes this next time around.

How do the rest of you feel about the album?

Post Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:58 pm 
Souls Admin

First I have to say 'I'm back', since I did not really have much time last year, but I will increase my work for the fanclubs from now on again. So I start my return with an exclusive Tobias Sammet interview for our Kiske Fanclub. :rock:

http://kiskefanclub.com/tobias-sammet-i ... e-fanclub/

Michael Kiske Official Fanclub
http://www.kiskefanclub.com

Post Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:39 pm 
Souls Disciple

nightangel wrote:
First I have to say 'I'm back', since I did not really have much time last year, but I will increase my work for the fanclubs from now on again. So I start my return with an exclusive Tobias Sammet interview for our Kiske Fanclub. :rock:

http://kiskefanclub.com/tobias-sammet-i ... e-fanclub/

Firstly welcome back :clap: and thank you for the nice interview.

One question: Are you planning on interviewing Kiske in the next few months?

As nothing is happening with Unisonc in 2016 it will be great to know if he is planning the Elvis cover album, a new Place Vendome or a new solo album for this year. It would also be nice to know when the following Unisonic album is planned for (late 2016/late 2017)

Board index » Diskussion about Michael Kiske and Unisonic » Michael Kiske Discussion