Login with a social network:
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Diskussion about Michael Kiske and Unisonic » Unisonic Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: Unisonic interviews 2012
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:32 pm 
Souls Admin

AstronomyDomine wrote:
Benizha2011 wrote:
[color=#0000FF]To say that the problems were due to a lack of maturity on both sides, it is even naive than different musical tastes. Do you really consider it is more believable? or it is the phrase "politically correct"? . :roll:

Well, none of us know exactly what happened. From what I understand, Kiske was very idealistic in the old days. Still is, I guess. Weikath certainly does not seem like an easy person either.

Its good to be back! :D

First, I'm also glad that you are back here. :)

Hmmm, I have been following the whole quarrels back then when the firing happened (in German press it was terrible against Kiske). As antere stated, he was blamed for the musical change and that he was the only one who wanted to go into pop music. You can still hear some of that blamings from several fans. But this was sadly not the only blaming, they (mainly Weikath) also made in several statements fun of Kiske's beliefs as if he is an religious screwball. All that was easily belived by fans and media. Yes, many people from the press took over these statements and later used some of them in their reviews of Kiske's solo albums. Another thing was, Kiske did almost no interviews directly after being fired, to clear these blamings and it was more a one way direction attack. I also think, that Kiske really loved Helloween and was deeply hurt. You can see this with the long time absence from the szene. :roll:

To make it more precisely, Weikath knew Deris since 1989 I think. He mentioned in the video report from USA tour (available on youtube), that Pink Cream 69 is an upcoming band which will become big and he likes them. In another interview (cannot exactly remember which one) he confirmed that he wanted Kiske to leave. It was because he didn't like his stage performance any longer. He was missing the energetic stage acting. :roll:

On the other hand (something pro-Weikath), these blamings have stopped for quite several years now and Weikath seem to follow what Kiske is doing without many negative statements. Also Deris mentioned in several interviews asked about Kiske and his return, that he thinks Kiske is a great singer and it's an honor to sing these old songs. He also wishes him the best with Unisonic and he is glad that he returend after such a long time. 8-)

So all in all there are now indeed no bad statements from Helloween's side, but they also have the same mangement, so.... :roll:

Michael Kiske Official Fanclub
http://www.kiskefanclub.com

Post Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:07 am 
Souls Apprentice

Thank you so much for your insights! That is very interesting.

Although I have not seen many old interviews, I agree that Helloween guys were blaming Kiske for everything after they fired him. Of course, one asks why this fate befell Kiske and not ie. Markus. Certainly, something about his behavior led to this course of events. Maybe, it was jealously from Weikath, maybe Kiske was very difficult to work with, really I don't know.

In the recent interview with Kosta, he says that Helloween guys are happy about Unisonic and that he considers them personal friends.

It seems odd that Kiske bashes Weikath in every interview as if he's the devil himself, while Kosta says they are his personal friends. That's why I suspect these ancient problems were caused by youthful immaturity, and no one here is the bad guy.

Of course, I could have it all wrong. After all, Weikath fired Roland and Uli in the same way as Kiske.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:58 pm 
Souls Disciple

Interview with Kiske:

http://www.hailsandhorns.com/featuresandinterviews/unisonic-ex-helloween-vocalist/

Post Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:01 am 
Souls Disciple

Here are some scans of Unisonic stuff on Efecto Metal Magazine (Argentina) Issue N° 9 May 2012. 3-pages interview with Kai Hansen + Unisonic debut album review.

A few excerpts:

Journalist: Unisonic is a long-term project?
Kai: Yes, ¡I hope! Absolutely. Is planned like that.

Journalist: How it was to play with Gotthard ¿What do you think about them?
Kai Hansen: To play with Gotthard was proposed by our manager, which is the same manager than Unisonic, and it was a good idea because Gotthard play very good hard rock, is a great band and I think is a good idea to be tour partners because their music is not very different than ours...

J: Gamma Ray still is your priority?
Kai: Both bands are importants, there is nothing in both bands to say they are "parallel projects"... so one year the priority will be Gamma Ray and the other Unisonic.

J: Any band/s you find interesting lately?
Kai: ¡Oh yeah! there are a few bands I like them, Dragonforce, I like Hammerfall and much more...

Post Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:16 pm 
Souls Apprentice

#@$%! I can't believe I missed that one :evil:

If you can send me larger scans I'll be more than happy to translate the entire interview.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:39 pm 
Souls Admin

SoleS wrote:

If you can send me larger scans I'll be more than happy to translate the entire interview.

The scans are here in high quality:

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=526

Post Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:40 pm 
Souls Apprentice

nightangel wrote:
SoleS wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=526

Thanks, I posted the link to the translation there.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:27 pm 
Souls Admin

SoleS wrote:
nightangel wrote:
SoleS wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=526

Thanks, I posted the link to the translation there.

Thanks a lot for doing the whole translation. :D

Post Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:56 pm 
Souls Apprentice

nightangel wrote:

Thanks a lot for doing the whole translation. :D

Oh, no problem.
So long as I have the time, I'm willing to translate anything you, or anyone here, has in spanish.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:06 pm 
Souls Admin

Unisonic has done an exclusive interview for our Souls Alive Official Fanclub at Masters of Rock in Czech Republic on 13.07.2012. The interview was done directly after their concert in the backstage area. At the beginning Michi, Dennis, Mandy and Kosta were there. Kai didn’t have time and later joined to tell me that he cannot participate in the interview right now. But he promised me to do a new exclusive interview very soon. I think you will find some interesting facts about the latest concert and plans for the future. I’m not a professional journalist, but I hope you enjoy it.

A few excerpts of this interview with updates about Kiske next solo album and Unisonic:

About to make a second videoclip, using live footage:

Kiske: “Yeah, probably they filmed that stuff (Masters of Rock festival, Czech Republic) and we might use some of then.” Kiske to Kosta: “Is there another video in the planning?” Kosta: “Yes, with the live stuff.“

About sound problems at Rockwave festival in Greece:

Kiske: “The things on festival is you don’t have soundcheck… you store in and basically have a rough… whatever information to the sound guy what you want and then go though it. It was the most caotic gig I ever had, I had the microphone off and it was off again after a while, I don’t know how it sounded on front but on stage it was a totally chaos but that’s the way it happened. Festivals is not like when you had your own shows, we do soundchecks and everything is set up the way you want.” Dennis Ward: “I’m the fired guy, I burnt up my amplifier on stage.” Kiske: “I think Kai’s guitar died too.” Dennis:”My burnt up“. Kiske: “And here (Masters of Rock festival) is the totally opposite, no soundcheck but the sound was great. It can happen too.“

About some die-hard metal fans who could felt attacked by his statements about metal.

Kiske: “I stand everything I’ve said when I critized that side of idealize evil I’m totally against that and I’m also against certains ways of treating music like being against creativity and if anybody get piss off by that I’m fine I just speak my mind. I never hated metal I always loved the stuff I grew up with but I have to say I had a wrong picture of the metal scene. I was off for 17 years and there was some negative stuff coming in my direction and I created a unfair image of the metal scene. But as soon as I started to play with Unisonic live again and I got in touch with the audience I just noticed that most of the metal fans are sweet people. Everything that I said it still fits I still stand for but I have a much more positive image. I don’t have any problem with learning and to say I was a bit wrong or whatever or I want too far here, I stand for the moral stuff I was talking about and if anybody was piss about that I don’t care, they are free to get piss about it and I’m free to speak my mind.“

About more tourdates this year or in 2013:

Kosta: “For this year it will gonna stay like this, everything we just planned right now and of course it has to do with the timing and the schedule of each individual. We all have lots of things already decided and it’s not easy to get the timing for that. The next year we will see, we’re open, of course Kai will do with Gamma Ray but we still gonna play some shows, some festivals, so Unisonic will still be active.“

Unisonic could make some shows at States? 70.000 tons of metal cruise for example?

Kosta: “If they invite us, but first of all the promoter has to come up and invite the band, make an offer and bring them up there and if this offer makes sense, we are open to play anywhere. Of course we would love to, of course we would love to play for the North American fans, we played for the South America fans, we left of the North American fans, but we work on that.“

Michael Kiske about the progress of his next solo album (the 6th):

Kiske: “It might not be doing… I don’t think I will be doing another solo record, it will be something else. I’m actually planning to make something different with Sandro Giampietro together. It’s quite different, as usual, everything I had released was always very different but now Sandro function as the producer. I want him being the producer because he is very capable. So it will be another record coming out but it will be different, it will not be like the past Kiske records it will be something else. About the sound, it’s more rock but it’s like a big kind of sound.. I can’t find a description for it.. not really symphonic but is the kind of sound very up-lifting and big somehow… with electric guitars, Sandro is guitarist but it’s hard to describe but I’m really happy about it.“

About the album Kiske/Somerville, who was the first option to be the female singer:

Kiske: “If I remember well, there was another vocalist in plan, she is in a band but the band members didn’t like the idea of she would do that. I don’t remember who it was. You would have to ask Serafino (Frontiers Record’s owner) who it was. I don’t know I think it was a Gothic band but I’m really happy that it turned out to be Amanda Somerville.“

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 48  Next

Board index » Diskussion about Michael Kiske and Unisonic » Unisonic Discussion