Login with a social network:
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Diskussion about Michael Kiske and Unisonic » Unisonic Discussion

Post subject: Unisonic - current state?
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:11 pm 
Souls Newbie

Hello all,

does anyone know what's going on with Unisonic this year?

I am a little confused since they talked 2014 about the possibility of a headliner tour in 2015 and as well about coming up with a third album very soon.
Most people loved the last album and the guys reached very good sales by hardly any marketing. Unfortunately it seems Kosta will not play the drums anymore. Even that statement was about half a year ago.

I hope we will hear from that great band soon!
The songwriting of Dennis/Kai/Mandy together with the voice of Michael are unique. I am sure lots of fans cant wait to see and hear the guys again! And also more songs from Kai again!

Best wishes for the new year to everyone out there!

Post subject: Re: Unisonic - current state?
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:46 pm 
Souls Disciple

Albert wrote:
Hello all,

does anyone know what's going on with Unisonic this year?

I am a little confused since they talked 2014 about the possibility of a headliner tour in 2015 and as well about coming up with a third album very soon.
Most people loved the last album and the guys reached very good sales by hardly any marketing. Unfortunately it seems Kosta will not play the drums anymore. Even that statement was about half a year ago.

I hope we will hear from that great band soon!
The songwriting of Dennis/Kai/Mandy together with the voice of Michael are unique. I am sure lots of fans cant wait to see and hear the guys again! And also more songs from Kai again!

Best wishes for the new year to everyone out there!

Hello Albert

the only announcement from the official management is that they will play at summer festivals (wacken open air 2016, rockfestbarcelona and rockfels 2016). We don't know if Kosta will play the drums there since there is no official statement about it yet. For Now we know that Kiske will tour with Avantasia from March and Hansen has just finished the bestof tour with Gamma Ray. Also Ward released a new Khymera album. I don't think that they will release new music until summer because of lack of time. So my guess is that at the end of the year we will have new music

Have a new year and I wish you happiness and wealth!

Post Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:54 pm 
Souls Disciple

https://www.facebook.com/dennis.ward.ro ... nref=story

Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2016 10:30 am 
Souls Disciple

Is there a way to find out any news about the future of Unisonic, besides Ward's statement in January?

To me it seems that Unisonic is just a project which is active for 6-8 months every 2 years and certainly not a proper band. If the guys want to establish it as a normal band they definitely need to tour more, release an EP once a year and generally not to let their fans wait for 1 or 2 years with no news and no activities. IMO if Unisonic continue on the same path a break up is unavoidable, or the whole thing will just be a project whenever the members have free time and are in the mood for it.

Any thoughts?

Post Posted: Sun May 15, 2016 1:35 am 
Souls Disciple

antere wrote:
Is there a way to find out any news about the future of Unisonic, besides Ward's statement in January?

To me it seems that Unisonic is just a project which is active for 6-8 months every 2 years and certainly not a proper band. If the guys want to establish it as a normal band they definitely need to tour more, release an EP once a year and generally not to let their fans wait for 1 or 2 years with no news and no activities. IMO if Unisonic continue on the same path a break up is unavoidable, or the whole thing will just be a project whenever the members have free time and are in the mood for it.

Any thoughts?

We don't have any news except Ward's statement. I can understant your dissapointment..

I think Unisonic tour as much as they can afford. They need to get some offers to tour and make it possible. It's not so simple for "new" bands. I guess the offers depends from the record sales.. Higher record sales = more offers. Since they don't have any new offers for touring, every member is trying to do what's best for him. Kiske went with Avantasia on tour performing at full venues which as you can see right now has more success than before. The high sales of album "Ghostlights" has contributed this to happen. Hansen is doing his new XXX project which IMO is a bit strange since we were waiting for some writing contributions to the next Unisonic album. I guess we need to wait for that project to finish and then have some news about the future album..

For now I believe that Kiske is preparing the new Place Vendome album after the short brake from the Avantasia tour. It's not official news but thats what I believe. We will have some news about the new album of Unisonic when the "Hansen and friends" and the Place Vendome's album are finished..

Post Posted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:25 am 
Souls Disciple

AngelCryGr wrote:
I think Unisonic tour as much as they can afford. They need to get some offers to tour and make it possible. It's not so simple for "new" bands. I guess the offers depends from the record sales.. Higher record sales = more offers. Since they don't have any new offers for touring, every member is trying to do what's best for him. Kiske went with Avantasia on tour performing at full venues which as you can see right now has more success than before. The high sales of album "Ghostlights" has contributed this to happen. Hansen is doing his new XXX project which IMO is a bit strange since we were waiting for some writing contributions to the next Unisonic album. I guess we need to wait for that project to finish and then have some news about the future album..

I'm sure that it is tough to tour a lot, but a short South American tour in 2015 or 2016 would not have been impossible or too expensive for Unisonic IMHO. I also believe that Hansen does not take Unisonic very seriously and sees it as a project or at least not as a full time band.

AngelCryGr wrote:
For now I believe that Kiske is preparing the new Place Vendome album after the short brake from the Avantasia tour. It's not official news but thats what I believe. We will have some news about the new album of Unisonic when the "Hansen and friends" and the Place Vendome's album are finished..

Again IMHO, Kiske should start focusing on his solo career, on the Elvis cover album or on a tour with Rock Meets Classic and not to rely too much on Unisonic if he wants to be active. A new Place Vendome is a very good idea to fill the gap for 2016.

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2016 4:06 pm 
Souls Apprentice

It's official, they are preparing Place Vendome vol. 4.
I have read it on facebook kiskelized. it was a Dennis Ward's statement.
It will be released on 2016.

Then a question. On Hansen and friends it is possible that we don't have Kiske?.
For now any news 'bout this?

Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:54 am 
Souls Disciple

Igigion wrote:
Then a question. On Hansen and friends it is possible that we don't have Kiske?.
For now any news 'bout this?

We will find soon.. I can't wait for the release of the XXX album :rock:

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:13 pm 
Souls Disciple

In the following recent interview Kai mentions that after the Helloween tour he will start working on the next Gamma Ray album. Isn't Unisonic supposed to be next in line for a release or will Kai not be involved in the songwriting of the next album again? Anyone knows something?

http://www.metal-impact.com/index.php?name=Interviews&req=showcontent&id=741

"I am very proud to join my companions of HELLOWEEN for this world tour...Then I will join my comrades from GAMMA RAY and we will prepare an album."

Board index » Diskussion about Michael Kiske and Unisonic » Unisonic Discussion