Login with a social network:
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Diskussion about Michael Kiske and Unisonic » Unisonic Discussion

Post subject: SPOILER: Light of Dawn album
 Post Posted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:49 pm 
Souls Admin

Please don't read here, when you will get surprised by the album.

Michael Kiske Official Fanclub
http://www.kiskefanclub.com

Post subject: Re: SPOILER: Light of Dawn album
 Post Posted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:52 pm 
Souls Admin

Some spoilers about the new album from recent interviews:

01. 'For the Kingdom'. Since they always say all songs are written and performed by Unisonic. In Spanish radio show Kiske reveals that this song was written by Dennis Ward, despite that many think it was written by Kai.

02. 'Your Time Has Come': We know the acoustic version which seems to be a ballad, but I can tell that the album version is very very fast... I don't want to use this words but here we go: It seems so fast in the chorus than 'I'm Alive'.

03. 'Exceptional': According some friends who already listened, its probably the best song of Unisonic.

06. 'Night Of The Long Knives': according Michael Kiske: "... It's progressive with a little of Queensryche-vibe."

10. 'Throne Of The Dawn': according Michael Kiske is hard rock.

14. 'Dare'. This Japanese bonus track was originally called 'Demon'.

Post Posted: Wed May 28, 2014 10:54 pm 
Souls Apprentice

Awesome!
So which ones are the Kiske songs, do we know?

Post Posted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:47 pm 
Souls Admin

From a discussion in this Spanish radio show, we know Kiske wrote 3 songs of the new album and one is a bonus track. That's all we know until now. ;)

Post Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:30 am 
Souls Disciple

AstronomyDomine wrote:
Awesome!
So which ones are the Kiske songs, do we know?

I was also quite surpised with the songs that Kiske wrote.

According to Dennis Ward from the interview in Radio 3 (RNE), Kiske wrote the japanese bonus track "Dare" (Kiske thought it was stupid to name it "Demon"),and the songs "Manhunter" and "Blood".

In that interview Ward joked and said "He (meaning Kiske) decided at one point that the song would be called Demon then I said: Michael, you 're a positive person and you believe in god and religion why is your songs called Manhunter, Demon and Blood"

After laughs Kiske said about them "they don't have these lyrics but it's like the titles"

Post Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 1:02 am 
Souls Disciple

nightangel wrote:

06. 'Night Of The Long Knives': according Michael Kiske: "... It's progressive with a little of Queensryche-vibe."

Dennis Ward said in the Radio 3 (RNE) interview : I had watched something in youtube a documentary about Hitlers purge against his advocates they were trying to stop him they were on his side basically and he had a process called Night of the Long Knives where he eliminated his enemies on his side.

nightangel wrote:

10. 'Throne Of The Dawn': according Michael Kiske is hard rock.

Dennis Ward said in the Radio 3 (RNE) interview : ..a song called "Thrown of the Dawn" they had do with a, well I was just stumbled upon something, reading a book about, well I didn't know that was Lucifer and Jesus were both referred to a different parts on the Bible as the morning star... and then I wrote a theoretical story as to who would be the winner of the throne for the morning star.

Post Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 2:53 pm 
Souls Admin

A major update about the songs and the background. :)

02. 'Your Time Has Come': We know the acoustic version which seems to be a ballad, but I can tell that the album version is very very fast... I don't want to use this words but here we go: It seems so fast in the chorus than 'I'm Alive'.

03. 'Exceptional': According the journalist of Cadillac Solitario Radio the track 'Excepcional' is awesome and it sounds a bit like 'Turbo Lover' of Judas Priest.

04. 'For The Kingdom': Since they always say all songs are written and performed by Unisonic. In Spanish radio show Radio 3 Kiske reveals that this song was written by Dennis Ward, despite that many think it was written by Kai. And on Cadillac Solitario radio program Kiske remember that Weikath wrote 'How Many Tears' as a ballad and at the end it was speed metal, something similar happened with 'For The Kingdom', Kosta suggested to play the track faster than the original demo.

05. 'Not Gonna Take It': According Juanma of El Vuelo del Fenix is a hymn. Cadillac Solitario journalist commented that 'Not Gonna Take Anymore' is a mid-tempo, its one of his favourites songs in the album.

06. 'Night Of The Long Knives': according Michael Kiske: "... It's progressive with a little of Queensryche-vibe." Dennis Ward said in the Radio 3: "I had watched something in youtube a documentary about Hitlers purge against his advocates they were trying to stop him they were on his side basically and he had a process called Night of the Long Knives where he eliminated his enemies on his side."

08. 'Blood': On Radio program Cadillac Solitario Michael talks about the song 'Blood', first he talks about composing fast songs:”It just happens when you have a good melody….Like 'Blood' for instance, it used to be faster, not like ‘you come undone’, but it didn’t really kick. Then we paced it down more like a ballad and then it worked. The song kind of asked for it, for the speed.” Michael commented a bit later in the same interview: ”The song I’m responsible for music and lyric wise is ‘Blood’. That one is about love is not necessarily connected to the blood anymore. You have a lot of family falling apart, I don’t know if it’s the same here in Spain, the blood bond is probably more tight here like in Italy. In the northern areas love has to have a kind of spiritual base to work . The blood gets weaker, you can see that. You really need to see the soul of that person, there is a kind of new brotherhood coming up. It is completely independent from races or blood. You can understand every human being when you have a certain spiritual level. You have mothers that don’t even love their children anymore. It’s not easy, we need to build a spiritual bond among each other. You need a fundament for love, blood is not enough anymore. That’s what the song is about.”

10. 'Throne Of The Dawn': according Michael Kiske is hard rock. Dennis Ward in Radio 3 interview : " ..a song called "Thrown of the Dawn' they had do with a, well I was just stumbled upon something, reading a book about, well I didn't know that was Lucifer and Jesus were both referred to a different parts on the Bible as the morning star... and then I wrote a theoretical story as to who would be the winner of the throne for the morning star."

14. 'Dare': According Kiske the song 'Dare' (previously titled 'Demon') sounds a bit like Green Day, according Juanma (El Vuelo del Fenix) is happy metal.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:00 pm 
Souls Admin

Here is my little review (or better said first impressions) after hearing an advance 8 track promo version of Unisonic's new album 'Light of Dawn'. (2 of the songs are already now available in the final mix on itunes), but here we go with my impressions:

1. Your time has come: Starts with a keeper like heavy guitar intro followed by a double bass melodic heavy metal track in the style of ‘I’m Alive’ and brilliant high vocals of Michael Kiske. In this track there are also very strong backing vocals of Dennis Ward. Very good and diverse guitar work as well.

2. Exceptional: This song is the perfect single and it starts quite calm in the verses until it burst into a chorus that stays for a very long time in your hard. As some journalists already mentioned it has a little influence of Judas Priests ‘Turbo Lover’. But I personally hear a little influence of actual Helloween with a modern influence.

3. For the Kingdom: This is the known track of the EP and starts with heavy guitars followed by a verse sung quite low and little bit similar to the old Helloween bonus track ‘You run with the Pack’. Then the pre-chorus features some higher sung parts with high screams and lead into an up-tempo melodic and powerful chorus. It is a fast and melodic metal track with speed similar to the ‘Unisonic’ title track, but more based in the metal genre. The guitar work in the solo is brilliant and reminiscent to Helloween best work up to date, with melodic guitar duels between Kai and Mandy, including double guitar harmonies as many have dreamed of for years.

4. Not gonna take anymore: This is another very groovy hard rock track, which starts calmer and later bursts into a good rockin’ good chorus. This reminds me to Place Vendome with a little ‘Chameleon’ style guitar work.

5. Night of the long Knives: This is another very strong song which starts very calm and then turns into a progressive track in the style of Queensryche’s ‘The Warning’ album. It is a very good mix of early Queensryche, but also with some trademarks of Place Vendome in the chorus. Again with perfect high vocals and great guitar duels.

6. Throne of the Dawn: This is a heavy hard rock, which starts quite with a dark intro in the style of Black Sabbath and Judas Priest. Then it turns into an uptempo song with a very strong melodic chorus, which again stays in your head for a very long time. After the perfect guitar duels there is a little Manowar like ‘ohhhhooohhhooo’ vocal part there.

7. Demon (Dare): This is Michael Kiske’s track and it is one of my favourites. The song is a kind of happy punk rock song and would have fitted perfectly on the ‘Instant Clarity’ album. It will be the Japanese bonus track.

8. Shelter: This song is a little bit in the neoclassical style and reminds me to DC Cooper solo album from 1999, which was also produced by Dennis Ward. Also a little Royal Hunt can be heard here. I like this song very much as well.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:18 pm 
Souls Disciple

The anticipation is growing :!:

So would you say that with the exception of Your Time Has Come, Dare and Shelter the rest of the songs are calmer during the verses and heavier on the choruses - like We Rise and For The Kingdom? Does Michael do any screams on the new songs, like on Over The Rainbow?

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:27 pm 
Souls Disciple

antere wrote:
Does Michael do any screams on the new songs, like on Over The Rainbow?

Yes the song 'Exceptional' has a high scream at F#5 approximately at the end of track as a backing voice in the chorus. :rock:

Board index » Diskussion about Michael Kiske and Unisonic » Unisonic Discussion